Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring Has Sprung

Jewel tones are in for spring and summer and I couldn't be happier. I love having a large planter near the front door all year long. This is my take for spring. Enjoy!

Start out with a large planter. I found mine at Home Goods for $50. It was originally tan but I painted it classic black. I filled it with about 15 river rocks to weigh it down and topped the rest with planting soil (this way you can actually plant real flowers in the summer). 

I added a natural element- bamboo sticks. I found one long bamboo at Michael's 1/2 off and chopped it into 3 different size pieces and put it into the middle.Then I had some extra white hydrangea and placed 4 of them around the base. 

Next, I placed 3 different jewel tone purple flower bushes that are a step higher than the hydrangea.
Finally, I placed 5 large purple tulips high above the bushes and voila! Jewel-toned spring planter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment